KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for an experienced Business Development Specialist, Pitches & Proposals. Our client is a top ranked global law firm and this role will be based in the New York office. This role offers a high base, excellent benefits and growth opportunities within a prominent law firm.
The Business Development Specialist will report to the Global Pitch Manager within the Core Services team serving as a central resource for the firm. Key objectives are to generate revenues through a focused and coordinated approach to business development activities including profile raising, pitching, and market research in support of the firm’s efforts. The Specialist also works closely with the practice and industry group Business Development teams, Internal and External Communications teams, local marketing staff and other administration personnel on a regular basis.
- Responsible for coordinating responses to RFPs, creating (drafting original content) pitches, presentations and other marketing materials specific to client, practice groups and industries.
- Support senior leadership (including firm and department management) in carrying out strategic projects and key initiatives as they relate to business development activities of the firm.
- Research and compile targeted reports on markets, clients, competitors and internal financial analysis.
- Developing and maintaining marketing collateral (brochures, capability presentations, web content) in conjunction with core BD team; ensuring all information are kept up-to-date
- Assisting in the design and execution of new business initiatives for the practices including thought leadership, events, client seminars and / or training programs with communications, core BD and other admin teams and departments
- Maintain existing pitch and proposal collateral/precedent materials in coordination with our firm brand standards.
- Maintain and update relevant internet and intranet sites, including Interaction.
- Monitoring various marketing publications and other sources for potential opportunities and communicating intelligence gathered to relevant internal contacts
- Conduct quarterly analysis and reporting of global pitch statistics
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years’ work experience in marketing or business development within legal or finance related industries
- Proven research and analysis capabilities
- Good knowledge of global financial markets, corporate business market, legal market and industry trends
- Previous experience working in a law firm environment is preferredAbility to develop executive-level pitch and proposal presentations
- Excellent writing skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Sound business judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to synthesize research and knowledge base in order to provide sophisticated marketing and business development recommendations to partners and associates
- Ability to compile and communicate analysis reports in an effective manner
- Thorough understanding of MS Suite – Excel and PowerPoint