The Senior Business Analyst & Global Project Coordinator, Corporate, provides support to the Corporate Business Unit, with a focus on billing and collections inventory management and coordination. The Senior Business Analyst & Global Project Coordinator is also responsible for documenting and ensuring compliance with procedures pertaining to inventory management and for other processes and procedures within Corporate, such as use of the firm’s technology and knowledge management platforms.
- Organize, prepare and attend New York billings and collections inventory meetings with LAAs and/or partners, of counsel and others as required. Document and follow-up on meeting action items to completion.
- Coordinate billing and collections inventory, inventory tracking outreach process for global, non-NY Corporate partners, report generation and distribution, invoice tracking, and other information from corporate partners and of counsel.
- Assess Billing & Collections process in various Corporate offices and work with Global teams to implement best practices where needed
- Manage Corporate Legal Assistants and Business Analyst staffing and projects in Business Managers’ absence
- Collaborate with Global Business Director, Corporate, to identify, develop and implement process improvements in billing and collections among the various offices to streamline the process, new hire and other training, client interfacing, and other components of the Corporate Business Unit.
- Maintain the ongoing inventory of and documentation regarding applications used by the practice groups, including updates, training materials and processes, best practices, and procedures.
- Coordinate knowledge management efforts and improvement processes across global Corporate teams.
- Under the direction of the Global Business Director, evaluate and recommend new technology and other tools available in the marketplace relevant to Corporate practices. Coordinate with team managers, business analysts, and firm security personnel to conduct comprehensive review and assessment.
- Select prospective candidates and participate in the interview process for business analyst and legal assistant positions. Assist with staffing distribution across Corporate teams. Conduct training as needed.
- Assist Global Business Director and practice group leadership with various discretionary projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of experience in fast-paced professional environment. Experience in business services or related field is preferred
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills; strong familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and similar tools
- Experience working across a variety of office locations, cultures, and time zones is preferred
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities and consistently deliver high quality results in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational ability
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze various types of data and develop meaningful conclusions/recommendations
- High degree of professionalism and outstanding interpersonal skills, with the capacity to work effectively with a variety of people at all levels and in all departments
- Ability to independently identify and address issues effectively while moving through processes