KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for an experienced Information Technology Coordinator with our large global law firm client in the Boston office. The Information Technology Coordinator is responsible for coordinating firm wide technology systems in the Boston office. As a member of the Firm’s national technology team, the Information Systems coordinator will act as the primary contact for technology in the Boston office and work with the other members of the Information Systems Department on Firm technology initiatives and activities. This role offers a competitive base salary and excellent benefits. We are seeking full time, direct hire candidates (not consultants).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports Firm hardware and software for all users. This includes but is not limited to laptop and desktop hardware, all peripheral Blackberry/iPhone/PDA devices, Windows 7 & 10, Office 2010 & 2016, iManage, Citrix, VPN, etc.
- Performs hardware break/fix for laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, and peripherals
- Images machines based on Firm standard practices.
- Ensures timely of support calls in the Help Desk tracking system.
- Escalates user issues to the appropriate groups for resolution.
- Supports phone system moves and adds and changes under the direction of the telecom group
- Supports local server and network hardware under the direction of System and Network Engineers.
- Supports local copiers and the CopiTrak system.
- Supports conference room technologies for voice and video conferencing systems.
- Performs remedial preventive maintenance as required.
- Works under the direction of the Director or Sr. Engineers on system projects at any of the offices at the Firm.
- Performs or assists with desktop hardware/software training as necessary, including facilitating and setting up WebEx or Video Conference sessions for remote trainers.
- Monitors and reports back on office issues and complaints regarding technology.
- Acts as a liaison between users in remote locations and the IT Directors to ensure any problems and solutions are well communicated.
- Participates in 24x7 support with System and Network Engineers.
- Participates in weekly Engineer conference call.
- Required to be on call after hours on a six week rotation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years technology experience
- A+ certification
- Network+, MOS, MCP certifications a plus
- MCITP in Windows 2007
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills for both hardware and software
- Must be able to repair hardware systems and replace items such as hard drives, power supplies, motherboards, RAM, etc.
- Must possess strong customer service skill