KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for an experienced Litigation Paralegal for the West Palm Beach office of a leading global firm. The ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of litigation experience in a mid to large sized law firm focused on consumer finance, class action and or general commercial litigation. This role offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. OT and some travel will be required.
uties & Responsibilities
- Conduct legal and factual research.
- Assist with case management tasks.
- Perform records research.
- Prepare written summary of research results.
- Draft status updates for clients.
- Organize and summarize documents for attorney review.
- Review documents for privilege and prepare privilege logs.
- Prepare pleadings and other documents.
- Provide proof-reading and factual review of legal documents.
- Conduct factual investigations related to legal matters.
- Manage documents relevant to legal proceedings or transactions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Paralegal certificate in addition preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in the legal field.
- Experience with mortgage foreclosure and/or consumer finance litigation and/or the mortgage servicing industry a plus.
- Solid organizational skills, initiative and attention to detail, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Excellent communication and client interfacing skills.
- Able to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Able to manage competing priorities.
- Must be available to work overtime when needed and requested.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 including Word 2016, Excel 2016 and Outlook 2016 mandatory.
- Knowledge of state and federal electronic filing systems (ECF\Pacer) mandatory.