KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for an Administrative Coordinator. Our client is a top ranked global law firm and this role will be based in the New York office. This role offers a high base, excellent benefits and growth opportunities within a prominent law firm.
The Administrative Coordinator (“the Coordinator”) provides administrative and operational support to the Business Unit Director (“BUD”) and Business Managers. The Coordinator supports administrative systems, procedures and policies with a strong focus on the Business Services-roles that are imbedded in the Business Unit.
The Coordinator will monitor systems, procedures and policies as well as make recommendations to the BUD for operational enhancements.
- Review weekly timesheets for LAAs, Legal Assistants (LAs) and Business Analysts (BAs), and inventory-related roles in Workday (WD) for accuracy, escalate and resolve questions with BUD or Business Manager in advance of payroll submission deadlines.
- Follow-up with employees who have not submitted timesheets on time and escalate to BUD or Business Manager as needed. Escalate non-compliance in regard to time and attendance policies and procedures to BUD or HR Business Partner (“HRBP”) as needed.
- Maintain, produce and distribute quarterly attendance calendars.
- Collect, review and approve time off requests in WD following the approval of the Workflow Coordinator's (“WFC”); reach out to WFC with coverage questions or concerns and escalate to BUD or HRBP as needed.
- Schedule bimonthly meetings with WFC to review LAA absences and coordinate alternative coverage plans.
- Coordinate with WFC and BUD as needed to assign new coverage, make coverage changes or assign special projects; update changes in Workday and various LAA-related lists, including Back-Up Support Plan, phone coverage groups, and myShearman.
- Check in on all business services employees before planned absences to ensure they follow all procedures related to transferring work, changing voicemail and email settings.
- Coordinate diary management practices weekly, including circulating email reminders to assigned LAAs to enter timekeepers’ diaries. Ensure absence of any LAA does not impact timely diary entry, billing, and collections, notifying appropriate individuals of LAA absence and identifying substitutes as needed.
- Liaise with HRBP to gather and organize statistics such as lateness, early departures, unplanned absences etc., in advance of the annual performance and compensation review process for BUD or Business Manager.
- Schedule performance feedback and compensation discussions for BUD or Business Manager.
- Schedule training for Firm wide rollouts and upgrades for LAAs at the direction of the BUD and/or Business Managers.
- Schedule interviews with prospective employees and assist with on boarding as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years working experience in legal or professional services environment
- Project management experience a plus
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities and consistently deliver high quality results in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational ability
- High degree of professionalism and outstanding interpersonal skills, with the capacity to work effectively with a variety of people at all levels and in all departments
- Ability to independently identify and address issues effectively while moving through processes
- Ability to make recommendations to resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to work effectively in an inter-generational work environment
- Strong hands-on knowledge of computers and software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, DM, Outlook, Interaction, Elite, InTapp, Chrome River