KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for an experienced Process Innovation Manager, Legal Project Management. Our client is a top ranked global law firm and this role will be based in the New York office. This role offers a high base, excellent benefits and growth opportunities within a prominent law firm. This role requires a bachelor’s degree and at least 2-years of experience in a large law firm or comparable professional services environment.
The primary objective of the Process Innovation Manager is to provide high quality process improvement support to our business services and legal teams in the Americas, along with LPM support to our legal teams, while also assisting with client facing projects.
The incumbent will identify areas of opportunity for process improvement with the support of the Process Innovation Lead and the LPM team, supporting awareness of the importance of a process driven mindset. The Process Innovation Manager will run and deliver legal and business process improvement projects with the engagement and input of key stakeholders in the Americas, taking projects from definition through to implementation, with tangible benefits being delivered as a result. This role will also be called upon to help raise awareness of LPM best practices more broadly, by supporting LPM training and awareness sessions and other LPM activities as is agreed and aligns with process initiatives.
- Own and deliver process improvement projects in the Americas to improve the efficiency and/or effectiveness of work performed by lawyers and business services' professionals.
- Deliver measurable improvements in efficiency, client value-add and time-cost savings.
- Act as a subject matter expert for process improvement, supporting the identification of opportunities and broadening our capability within the Americas.
- Research practice area processes through discussions with lawyers and relevant business services professionals to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Engage with senior management and legal teams to support the development of a process improvement culture through training and coaching on process improvement, and more broadly support training on LPM to provide an understanding of our services as an LPM team.
- Contribute to the continuing development of the firm’s process improvement standards, tools and approaches, to ensure a practical application of best practice.
- Skillfully adapt technical process improvement and LPM knowledge, tools and techniques to the circumstances so that it is a help, not a hindrance, to the team.
- Support legal teams through the LPM process including scoping, planning, budgeting, and managing resources on a matter.
- Contribute to the Client Value Team's wider transformation projects including supporting our data analytics and legaltech programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree required.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, preferably within a law firm or professional services organization.
- Able to deliver sustainable and measurable process improvement projects to a high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Shows strong project management and leadership skills with experience in leading complex projects and implementing change.
- Works in an agile and entrepreneurial manner and exhibits a continuous improvement mindset.
- Expert user of MS Excel and PowerPoint. Fluent in MS Office. Knowledge of MS Visio and Tableau beneficial.
- Significant experience and qualification in Lean, Lean Six Sigma and/or Design Thinking with a track record of practical application including recent project delivery.