KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for an experienced Billing & Collections Supervisor in Melville, New York. Our client is a top ranked global law firm and this role offer a high base, excellent benefits and growth opportunities. The successful candidate will have a minimum 5 years’ billing and collections experience, preferably within a law firm. Bachelor's degree is required.
- Supervise, coordinate and monitor the daily billing and collections support and customer service operations of the department.
- Analyze and report back to the Director, Revenue Management relevant statistics regarding the type and level of billing and collection support provided by the department.
- Participate in and oversee the analysis of client inventories and related collections work.
- Communicate with internal clients, such as partners, legal administrative assistants (LAAs), and business unit directors (BUDs), to identify their needs and address any questions or concerns.
- Meet regularly with a cross-section of customers, such as partners, LAAs, and BUDs, to inform them of the billing and collection initiatives, gain their feedback and assess additional needs.
- Address internal and external inquiries in connection with billed and unbilled totals, payment status, and matter history in a timely manner.
- Develop and improve departmental support systems, processes, and procedures, including those processes and procedures related to electronic billing, to enhance client satisfaction and billing and collection efficiency. Escalate issues to the Director, Revenue Management as needed.
- Serve as the project lead in the design, testing and implementation of new billing and collection related systems.
- Coordinate and provide client service training to existing staff and orientation and training to new department members.
- Supervise all team members to ensure their individual and team performance and development. This includes responsibility for hiring, training, coaching, performance management and termination.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of the legal industry and associated customer support and service requirements, especially related to billing and collections functionality.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and to maintain a positive and confident approach when dealing with clients.
- Strong people management skills, including a demonstrated ability to manage, develop and motivate to improve the effectiveness of the individual and the team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to stay focused and calm in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Collaborative style with an ability to effectively problem solve.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ billing and collections experience, preferably within a law firm.
- Prior experience supervising a team.
- Prior experience with Elite Enterprise and some experience with Elite 3E, Aderant or SAP.