SourcePro Search has a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager with 5+ years of strategic business development experience with our large global law firm client. This role will support the Corporate, Private Equity and Finance practices and can be based in the Boston or Providence office.
The successful candidate with hold a 4-year degree and have at least 5- years of strategic business development and research experienced within a large law firm or professional services environment.
This role offers a competitive compensation package, a great work environment and excellent growth potential within a leading global law firm.
- Responsible for coordinating firm-wide business development efforts for designated practices and teams. Consults with attorneys to proactively identify individual and practice business objectives. Develops and implements strategic plans and conducts follow-up.
- Develops customized pitches, responses to RFPs, and other marketing collateral for new business opportunities and client meetings.
- Manages process for collecting representative matters and legal experience to ensure these matters are discussed consistently across marketing collateral, the firm website and individual attorney bios. Liaises with communications team for external reporting when appropriate.
- Plans and oversees firm sponsored programs for clients and prospective client events, including sponsorships and conferences in support of group goals. Manage event logistics, internal/external communications and budget.
- Manages a Boston-based Business Development Coordinator assigned to support the BD Manager and designated practices and teams.
- Improves the inventory of department and practice-specific marketing materials (e.g., practice area descriptions, website content).
- Leads the development and submission of directory rankings for designated practices.
- Collaborates with other business development, marketing, communications and graphics team members.
- Demonstrates a continual focus on process improvement and efficiency.