Sitting within the Legal Project Management team of the Practice Innovation & Legal Solutions Department, the Business Systems Analyst will serve as the resident expert on Legal Project Management technology tools, including the firm’s current proprietary Matter Management Dashboard and Matter Search tools, and the firm’s new Salesforce-based Matter Management Dashboard. The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for preparing use case reports, developing and communicating IT and business requirements, developing training materials, and supporting the Legal Project Managers in training for lawyers and other business professionals across the firm. The Business Systems Analyst will also work on the development and deployment of other tools that support the Department’s Legal Project Management functions as identified, including the development and implementation of a workforce allocation platform.
• Serve as resident technology expert on Legal Project Management tools, interfacing with external vendors, internal IT, lawyers and other business professionals;
• Identify business need and prepare/update requirements on aforementioned technology and for new technology; and
• Work with Legal Project Managers and Practice Innovation & Knowledge Attorneys to prepare, maintain, and facilitate development of roll-out materials for aforementioned technology and for new technology, including help resources, handouts, and on-demand training programs.
• Strong understanding of firm financials and sensitivity of data in all technology platforms;
• Project management mindset and approach to job duties;
• Expert level understanding of core LPM and Practice Management technologies;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to collaborate and work as a team.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience;
• Project management certification preferred;
• Experience with Salesforce and Sharepoint preferred;
• Advanced Excel experience required;
• 4+ years’ experience in law firm or professional services environment preferred.