KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for an experienced legal secretary with 3+ years of Corporate /Transactional experience in a mid to large sized law firm. This temp to perm role offers an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a great culture. Degree is required.
• Maintain a consistent physical presence required to facilitate an interactive and collaborative environment ensuring that assignments, cross-training, and peer level support are optimized to provide seamless support;
• Execute legal practice tasks and projects;
• Execute administrative functions and facilitate completion of tasks including finance/billing-related tasks, time and expense entry, opening of new matters, client presentations, meetings and other administrative projects as assigned;
• Coordinate and delegate to Firm resources as needed, including DPS, Client Service Center, practice support or similar departments in International offices handling tasks and projects;
• Prepare complex legal documents and correspondence; apply subject matter expertise in coordination of legal practice tasks and projects;
• Support client billing processes including: appropriate support of time entry protocols, edit and review process of client bills; coordination of expense reporting and promotion of time entry best practices;
• Manage the legal and administrative practices of attorneys and facilitate service levels that meet client requirements; and
• Work overtime as required.
• Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree (preferred);
• At least 3+ years of corporate/transactional experience (preferred);
• Advanced ability to organize, prioritize, coordinate, delegate and work as part of a team;
• Advanced to Expert proficiency in rules of English grammar, spelling and punctuation; bilingual proficiency as may be required;
• Advanced proficiency in MS Word and document editing/comparison applications;
• Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook and web-based conference call/web-sharing applications;
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications;
• Advanced proficiency in MS PowerPoint and presentation applications;
• Advanced knowledge of time keeping, expense processing and legal billing;
• Proficiency in document management applications;
• Proven ability to effectively coordinate with other firm-wide departments with the necessary communication skills to transfer instructions/data, verify results, resolution of conflict and delivery or results; and
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required with strong ability to meet deadlines and provide results while supporting Firm policy and procedures.