KJM Staffing Solutions has a great long term contract opportunity for a Staff Accountant in Dallas.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining the general ledger and assisting with month-end close procedures and other financial analysis and reporting as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare accurate monthly journal entries.
- Perform account reconciliations on high transaction accounts with research and resolution of reconciling items.
- Assist in preparing accurate and timely financial statements.
- Assist in analyzing the financial statements for discrepancies and other issues and communicate any issues back to the Director of Accounting.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Document and monitor internal controls and processes.
- Identify and propose solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist with audit(s) as required for the position.
- Participate in accounting system upgrades and conversions, providing testing, reconciliation support, and process documentation.
Education & Experience
- 1-3 years of accounting experience required.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills, proven track record of accuracy and timeliness.
- Strong excel and financial systems skills.
- Excellent communication skills