KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for a Business Development Specialist with our top ranked global law firm client in the New York office. This role will support the Litigation practice and offers a high base, great benefits and excellent upward growth opportunities.
The Business Development Specialist will work closely with the key stakeholders of the Litigation Group to develop and implement the marketing and business development strategy for the practice. The role requires effective collaboration with the partners and business development colleagues on the delivery of efficient, timely and high-quality client pitches/new business proposals; participation in the global cross-selling efforts conducted across practice groups and industry teams; preparation of elite legal directory submissions and identification and coordination of client events, conferences, speaking engagements and thought leadership initiatives.
A successful Business Development Specialist will be a self-starter and proactive in identifying new business development opportunities, knowledgeable about the legal industry and corporate real estate transactions in particular, and able to provide leadership and develop best practices to achieve effective business development results.
- Prepare and coordinate pitches, proposals and RFP/RFI responses for new business opportunities. Evaluate requirements, participate in the development of a clear and targeted strategy, draft comprehensive responses, and collaborate with real estate partners and business development team members across practice groups, industries and offices as appropriate.
- Prepare submissions for legal directories and research guides (e.g., Chambers USA, Legal 500, other practice-specific directories), including the drafting and preparation of submissions, coordination of researcher interviews, and tracking of rankings and accolades.
- Develop, organize and maintain practice-specific marketing collateral and experience content. Update practice area profiles, brochures, matter lists and website and intranet content. Maintain and/or build real estate specific contact lists in firm wide CRM system (InterAction).
- Conduct and summarize research on existing and prospective clients, competitive intelligence and market considerations, utilizing research tools such as Capital IQ and Thomson One, in preparation for client meetings, pitches/RFPs and other business development initiatives. Work with partners to identify potential thought leadership opportunities and lead effort to actualize implementation. Lead bi-monthly administrative meeting attended by RE partners and counsel.
- Identify, plan and provide logistical support for all internal and external marketing events, speaking engagements and conferences.
- Assist with any special projects designed to raise the practice group’s profile and visibility in the market. Manage the practice’s annual marketing budget, with oversight by practice group leadership.
- Work with and delegate as appropriate to the Business Analyst.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years in progressively responsible business development roles in legal marketing or within the professional services industry. Prior litigation practice experience preferred.
- Significant experience managing pitches, legal directory submissions and the full range of legal marketing and business development services
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel; familiarity with CRM platform (InterAction)