KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for an Office Administrator with our large, global law firm client. The successful candidate will have at least 10-years of law office human resources experience and a PHR or SCHRM-CP certification is preferred. This role offers a competitive base salary, bonus and great growth potential.
- Collaborates with Office Managing Partner, Human Resources Staff, and other Office Administrators to ensure consistent practices/procedures with the other offices of the Firm.
- Continually reviews staffing levels to maintain effective secretarial staffing ratios while consistently measuring service levels to ensure the highest degree of service is being provided to the office.
- Assists with reviewing and monitoring paralegal usage and workflow as needed.
- Handles all aspects of staff supervision, including recruiting for select office staff positions, managing workflow, assisting with planning to cover vacancies to ensure service levels are maintained, completing new hire paperwork and onboarding tasks in a timely manner, conducting exiting interviews as needed, handling exiting tasks, preparing and conducting salary/performance reviews, reviewing and approving timecards, and other HR-related activities as necessary.
- Assist with integrating new attorneys, including lateral partners, into the Firm; and for departures, completing attorney departure processes.
- Collaborates with HR to resolve employee relations issues and conduct employee performance meetings and disciplinary action meetings.
- Prepares office event budget as well as assisting facilities with office facilities budget, provides monthly variance reports and various financial reporting. Processes all office-related invoices within approved budget guidelines.
- Collaborates with the IT and Training departments to address and meet the technical needs of the office, including training new hires, local phone programming and other required IT support.
- Provides practice support to various departments in the office by working with the partners and other attorneys on staffing, technical and procedural needs relating to the individual practices.
- Assists with facilities related tasks such as service calls as needed, coordinating carpet cleaning, and other general office maintenance.
- Assists with planning construction and renovation projects and space planning; manages office assignments and relocations, liaise with landlord, oversees office services (mail/copy centers) to ensure office needs/service levels are met. Maintains and updates floorplans and artwork utilizing the StaffMap program.
- Maintains business continuity/disaster preparedness and recovery plan for office.
- Coordinates office functions, social events and charitable contributions initiatives.
- Ensures content for office page on Intranet is accurate and up to date.
- Provides general leadership, motivation, acknowledgement, guidance, counseling and strives to ensure strong communication and high morale at all levels. Attendance at staff meetings and various Firmwide administrative meetings. Establishes annual objectives for the office and ensures achievement. Maintains membership in Association of Legal Administrators (ALA) and attends regular meetings to obtain knowledge in order to stay abreast of industry standards.
- Manages other duties, tasks and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience as a supervisor or manager of office administration in legal or professional services required.
- Experience dealing with human resources issues and knowledge of federal and local labor and employment laws.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including interpersonal, supervisory and team-building skills.
- Solid planning and organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple diverse projects concurrently.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of Firm personnel.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated diplomatic tact and consensus building skills.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2010 (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Outlook.