We are conducting a search for a Billing Coordinator for a very well known and prominent law firm for their NY location. The role will naturally be remote due to Covid-19 until it is safe to return to the offices.
The Billing Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Finance in managing the
operational and fiscal activities of the Billing area. These responsibilities include assisting in the development of procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the area, acting as a point of contact for clients/ E-Billing vendors to the extent related to the issuance of invoices.
Reports to the Director of Finance. Interacts daily with Firm personnel and e- billing vendors.
The Billing Coordinator is responsible for all of the following:
- Assist Director of Finance with the timely and accurate processing of client bills.
- Ensure that controls are adhered to relating to setup of new matters, to prevent data and
- distribution errors.
- Complete write off requests with AR Coordinator.
- Backup up AR Coordinator
- Resolve complex client requests relating to bill formats and charges as related to client
- Complete all daily audit requests
- Complete all new employee setups in accounting system
- Complete all daily conflict checks
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing duties
- Provide Controller and Accountants with weekly billing report
- Communicate and respond to inquiries from e billing vendors, partners, employees and Firm
- Issue monthly e billing status schedule
- College degree in a relevant area (e.g., accounting, finance or business administration) preferred.
- Prior progressive Billing experience of at least ten (10) years, preferably in a law firm or
- another professional services organization.
- Technological Skills:
- Proficiency with MS Suite software such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Elite Accounting software.