KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for a Business Development Specialist with our top ranked global law firm based in the San Francisco Market (currently remote). This role will support the Emerging Growth, Litigation, M&A, Intellectual Property, and Capital Markets practices, individual partners, and the firm’s global Marketing & Business Development and Communications teams to advance business development related initiatives, support pitches for new business, and enhance the external market profile of the firm’s Bay Area offices.
A successful Business Development Specialist will be a self-starter and proactive in identifying new business development opportunities, knowledgeable about the legal industry and local landscape and able to provide leadership and develop best practices to achieve effective business development results.
- Draft custom pitches and RFP responses and track success rates in the client relationship management database; collaborate with the core BD team in following and advocating best practices
- Prepare relevant directory and awards submissions; coordinate interview calls; prepare specific talking points; identify and track rankings/awards/submissions
- Develop and maintain marketing collateral (brochures, capability presentations, web content) for Bay Area and/or in conjunction with other BD team members as appropriate; ensure all information is kept up-to-date
- Coordinate events and conferences including logistics planning and production, both in-house and outside the firm, including on-site event support as needed
- Coordinate with the PR/Communications team to identify media opportunities, including speaking and by-lined articles; facilitate publication of articles and other writings
- Manage attorney web bios, practice/industry descriptions, experience lists and client mailing lists
- Conduct research on industry sectors, clients and competitors in order to inform strategic planning
- Attend Bay Area partner meetings, help execute and track action items arising from such meetings, and facilitate communications internally among Bay Area lawyers, including by internal newsletter
- Support monitoring the marketplace for key client opportunities including identifying deal leads and rumours regarding the Firm’s clients and client targets
- Assist with the design and execution of new business initiatives for the practices including thought leadership, events, client seminars and/or training programs with communications, core BD and other administrative teams and departments
- Support practice groups’ efforts to develop and implement their business plans and marketing budgets, individual partner plans and targeted business development efforts
- Assist with high-level document production and support by proofreading and reviewing firm materials, collaterals, proposals, etc.
- Assist with other related duties as assigned