KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for an experienced legal Talent Acquisition Specialist based in our large law firm client's Boston office (currently remote). The successful candidate has a Bachelor's degree and at least 3-years of recent recruitment/talent management experience in a large law firm setting. Campus recruiting experience is required. This role offers a competitive compensation package, great benefits and excellent growth opportunities.
As the Legal Talent Acquisition Specialist you will be responsible for providing analytical to the Talent Acquisition, Legal Department with respect to summer associate, entry-level and lateral associate recruiting for the New York office. The Specialist a “face of the firm” for attorney hires, lateral candidates, and law students in New York, and is called upon to ensure that the recruiting efforts and events run smoothly and efficiently.As the Legal Talent Acquisition Specialist you will be responsible for providing analytical to the Talent Acquisition, Legal Department with respect to summer associate, entry-level and lateral associate recruiting for the New York office. The Specialist a “face of the firm” for attorney hires, lateral candidates, and law students in New York, and is called upon to ensure that the recruiting efforts and events run smoothly and efficiently.
The ideal candidate will be analytical, thoughtful, collaborative, and also possess a commitment to ensuring all candidates have a positive experience throughout the recruitment and on-boarding process. If you possess these qualities and are interested in joining a dynamic and collegian team that is committed to diversity and inclusion and delivering excellent client service, you are the ideal candidate.
- On Campus Interviews (Law Schools):
- Coordinate the on-campus recruiting process for the New York office. Organize materials for on-campus interviews, schedule in-office interviews with candidates, identify attorney interviewers, prepare interview schedules, communicate with candidates about logistics, and serve as the primary point of contact for candidates on interview days and throughout the process.
- Summer Program:
- Work with the New York team to coordinate all aspects of summer program, including scheduling orientation meetings, assembling materials, planning and executing social events, collecting evaluations, scheduling reviews, monitoring work projects and assignments, tracking attendance at events, preparing offer letters, and tracking offers.
- Organize interviews for summer, fall, and lateral attorney candidates. Prepare meeting schedules for candidates, prepare and distribute candidate materials to interviewing attorneys, greet candidates, maintain recruiting calendars, solicit comments from attorney interviewers, and process recruiting expenses/reimbursements for candidates and attorney participants.
- Process resumes, track candidates, run reports, and maintain complete candidate files in our recruitment database (LawCruit).
- Work with Talent Acquisition, Legal team members in other offices on department-wide projects and initiatives.
- Work closely with the Human Resources and Conflicts Departments to ensure that all new hire paperwork is completed and submitted for all summer, fall and lateral associates.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three+ years of professional experience (preferably in a law or professional services firm).
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to interface effectively, professionally, courteously and confidently with candidates, partners, search firm professionals and all levels of firm personnel and staff.
- Sound judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize workload, and work on multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Must be flexible and able to handle a fast-paced environment, extended hours, travel, and be available to work off-hours when necessary.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office, LawCruit, and the ability to adapt to new software.