KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for a Manager, Proposals & Competitive Intelligence to be based in our large law firm client's New York office (currently remote). This is a Senior level role and offers a high base/bonus as well as excellent growth opportunities in a top ranked law firm. Candidates must have current law firm experience in a similar role and a degree as well as strong leadership experience.
This position reports directly to the firm’s Director of Marketing Operations. The Proposal and Competitive Intelligence Manager serves as a centralized resource to the global BD team leading or assisting on high-profile formal RFP responses and overseeing the team’s intelligence function. The Manager frequently collaborates with marketing and business development team members, the firm’s Client Value Team, Revenue Team and other business services professionals across the firm. As a key member of the core services function, the Proposal and Competitive Intelligence Manager is expected to develop a strong understanding of the firm and the department’s business operations, strategic objectives and lead, mentor and develop junior members of the team.
- Lead or serve as secondary proposal manager on high-profile and preferred provider requests for responses, as assigned
- Manage formal proposal responses from start to finish. This includes determining response requirements, organizing and conducting kick-off calls, assigning responsibilities, compiling and organizing information, drafting new content, quality control, and ensuring on-time delivery and follow-up. Actively collaborate with partners, marketing managers, and other key stakeholders to develop clear, compelling, winning proposals
- Oversee junior team members in conducting in-depth research and analysis of companies, industries, markets, technologies and competitors. Ensure the team develops and communicates insightful and actionable intelligence to aid strategic decision making to drive business development, profitability, growth, client retention and other business opportunities
- Play a key role in the development and oversight of a centralized proposal management database. Develop and manage content for proposal documents within the firm’s proposal generator tool
- Draft and present reports that summarize activity, success rates, and progress on proposals
- Continuously review, refine and improve the firm’s proposal process; develop competitive strategies, prepare and debrief the interview team
- Lead or assist with special projects or initiatives, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Places a high value on client service and operational excellence, possesses strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and communication skills (oral and written)
- Is a team player and able to prioritize and multitask within a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Must have a proven ability to effectively work with all levels of personal, quickly grasp specialist knowledge, anticipate potential issues and devise solutions
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent project management skills and be able to prioritize and multitask within a fast-paced, challenging, and deadline-driven environment. Must have the ability to quickly grasp specialist knowledge and anticipate potential issues and devise contingency plans
- General understanding of the business of law is preferred
Education & Experience
- At least 6 years of writing and editing in a legal or professional services environment
- 4 year college degree or equivalent
- Relevant graduate degree a plus
- Significant experience managing pitches and the full range of legal marketing and business development services. Experience working with proposal generating software a plus
- Experience working in an international organization across time zones
- Solid knowledge of global financial markets, corporate business market, legal market and industry trends
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly PowerPoint, Word, and Excel required