KJM Staffing Solutions is currently seeking a Communications Specialist with 3+ years of legal or professional servicesCommunications experience. This opportunity offers a high base, bonus and excellent growth potential within top ranked global law firms.
The Communications Specialist will work under the guidance of the Communications Manager to help drive forward the team’s internal and external communications efforts in the Americas. For this proactive role, the Specialist should have proven experience providing internal and external communications support within an organization as well as with building relationships with key internal stakeholders and media. This role offers a balance of ownership and autonomy on certain projects with the opportunity to be involved in broader initiatives and campaigns. Day to day activities include supporting the development of communications planning, executing strategy and proactively positioning key partners as thought leaders.
- Support the Communications Manager (Americas) and work closely with communications, marketing and business development colleagues and partners in the US to devise and implement PR strategies for practice groups and key focus areas.
- Execute thought leadership campaigns in the Americas
- Highlight deal work in the Americas and make the most of standout announcements across internal (i.e. intranet, firmwide newsletter, internal memos) and external channels (i.e. media, website, social)
- Work with Communications Manager (Americas) to become an established, trusted advisor to partners and senior stakeholders.
- Build relationships with marketing and business development colleagues, partners and other fee earners
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships for proactive and reactive media relations
- Work with the Communications manager to apply creative thinking to the identification of new opportunities, industry trends and the drafting of newsworthy stories
- Support and assist with the creation of written and digital content for external audiences including press releases, by-lined articles, social media posts, videos and podcasts
- Draft internal communications materials including firmwide newsletters and posts for the intranet
- Support the communications team in effectively managing issues, developing media materials, monitoring for coverage, etc.
- Support broader communications activities including awards submissions and internal communications
- Track communications activities; Be diligent about reporting earned coverage and analytics from communications campaigns back to internal stakeholders
- The role holder will undertake additional duties from time to time
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Between 3 to 5 years of relevant communications experience in an agency or in-house environment; professional services background is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, social media channels, PR and digital tools
- Positive, proactive attitude and commercial outlook
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Great networking and advocacy skills, able to build relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Comfortable juggling competing priorities and working on multiple conflicting deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for reputation management and integrated communications
- Ability to understand complex business topics and distil it into compelling narratives for the media
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to manage various personalities and stakeholder expectations
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Collegial; team player