KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportuity for an experienced Knowledge Management Attorney with Private Investment practice experience. Our client is a top ranked, major global law firm and this role can be based from the New York or Washington DC offices. This remote role offers a high base and excellent growth potential.
As the Knowledge Management Lawyer for the firm’s U.S. Private Investment Funds legal practice group, you are an experienced capital markets lawyer who will be a member of one of the legal industry’s leading Knowledge Management groups, known for award-winning and innovative KM systems and approaches. Working as an embedded Knowledge Management Lawyer within the Capital Markets legal practice, you will work closely with practice leaders and will draw upon your legal expertise and prior experience to support this group by providing the highest quality legal content and know-how for our U.S. practitioners.
- Create, develop and maintain model documents, forms, precedents, checklists, and other substantive content for the Practice, ensuring such content is up-to-date and readily accessible on the firm’s intranet and other content sharing platforms.
- Serve as a source of legal, market and practical expertise; identifying and collecting key data points from the Practice’s legal work for statistical analysis and post-deal assessments, benchmarking and market trends.
- Develop curriculum for, and participate in, training initiatives for the Practice, including internal associate training sessions, client workshops, and other firm educational programs.
- Work with the Knowledge Management team to develop solutions to increase efficiency, enable legal project management and improve legal service delivery of the Practice; such as document assembly packages, expert systems and client-facing applications.
- Participate in Knowledge Management Department meetings to facilitate the sharing of best practices and knowledge, and perform such other duties as requested by the Knowledge Management Department.
- Assist in business development efforts for the Practice, including thought leadership initiatives, client seminars and pitches, to elevate the awareness and value of the Practice and the firm’s KM program.
- Juris Doctor required.
- 5+ years legal experience practicing in the capital markets area within a large law firm, representing U.S. public companies, and advising on SEC reporting and disclosure obligations and the registered public equity offering process (IPOs and follow-on offerings). Candidate must be well versed in the underwriting process, comfort letters, opinions and other components of the public offering process.
- Passion for knowledge-sharing, efficiency and excellence in legal work.
- Interest in working with legal technology, such as document automation, artificial intelligence and collaboration platforms.