KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity or an experienced Competitive Intelligence Specialsit with Legal marketing experience to be based out of the Boston market. This role is currently remote and offers a high base and excellent growth opotential in a top ranked, large global law firm.
The Marketing Intelligence Specialist will join a high-functioning team that is focused on client, industry, market and competitive research and analysis, and which supports key strategic initiatives and business development efforts. We bring a collaborative, consultative and creative approach to our work, and we are looking for a highly motivated person to join us in our efforts. The successful candidate reports to the Director of M&CI and will regularly interact and team with the Marketing and Client Development Departments, legal and other operational professionals across the firm.
- Partnering with the Director, conduct comprehensive research on and analysis of companies, industries, markets, competitors and key executives and deliver objective, meaningful insights in concise, compelling ways
- Identify, analyze and synthesize data and other intelligence from internal and external sources to develop tailored products and services
- Work with Client Development team to support their client-facing plans and initiatives
- Provide client and market insights to support the firm’s key client and strategic relationship building initiatives, including client visits by the Chair
- Produce high-quality work product in a variety of formats, including reports, executive summaries, briefing documents, and presentation slides
- Monitor and highlight publications and other content channels for topics, trends and developments that impact the legal industry, the firm’s clients and/or potential clients
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in a role that emphasizes research and qualitative and quantitative analysis, including (but not limited to): corporate research, investment banking, management consulting, Top 4 accounting firm, or law firm
- Logical and critical thinker; able to identify and apply relevant qualitative and quantitative data
- Impeccable attention to detail; strong written, verbal and communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work constructively in team settings; respectful of others
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ability to learn research databases quickly
- Preferred: Experience with data providers and analytical platforms, including (but not limited to): CapitalIQ, Pitchbook, LexisNexis, SNL Financial and economic datasets