KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for an experienced in-house law firm Recruiting Manager with a top global firm. This role will offers a high base, excellent growth potential and is currently remote.
As the New York Summer Associate Talent Acquisition Manager, you will manage the on-campus recruiting process, the summer program, onboarding of first year associates and working with law school relations. This role reports to New York Talent Acquisition Manager. The Summer Associate Manager is a “face of the firm” for New York summer associate hires, and is called upon to ensure recruiting efforts and initiatives run smoothly and consistently.
• On-Campus Recruiting: Plan and execute on-campus and call-back interviews. Evaluate resumes, participate in strategy planning as well as making hiring recommendations, lead hiring committee meetings, and provide statistical reporting for weekly hiring committee meetings. Orchestrate follow-up strategy for candidates, including offer dinners/events and individualized directed follow-up as needed and attend hospitality suites. Responsible for any 1L and 3L hiring.
• Summer Program: Manage summer program which includes event planning, work assignment allocation, coordinating work evaluations and final reviews. Other responsibilities include creating and overseeing summer orientation, offers, tracking attendance at events, managing the New York summer associate program budget, working with outside vendors, etc.
• Law School Relations: Work with the Law School Relations Manager regarding OCI process, effective recruitment methods, candidate-specific issues, sponsorship and other proposals for firm participation at law schools. Act as lead organizer for student groups and Career Services Office-led activities.
• Firm wide Initiatives & Ad Hoc Projects: The Manager works closely with the Training and Professional Development team to support firm wide recruiting, retention, and diversity initiatives. Assist with ad hoc projects and initiatives as needed.
• Statistical & Other Reporting Responsibilities: Oversees preparation and compilation of legal hiring statistics book, and other statistical information throughout the year. Assists with dissemination of information to relevant members of firm leadership. Assist with updating necessary statistical data needed for surveys and reporting materials to Management, the Hiring Committee, and Human Resources, when necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 6+ years of work experience, preferably in law firm or professional services firm. Prior law firm recruitment experience or law school career services experience strongly preferred.
• Exceptionally strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize workload. Must be able to handle pressure, extended hours (if requested), and work on multiple projects and changing priorities.
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills, professional demeanor and ability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel, as well as others outside of the firm.
• Sound judgment and creative problem solving skills, and ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
• Willingness to participate in weeknight events required.
• Occasional travel required.