As the Talent Acquisition Manager, you will be joining our highly collaborative team and reporting to the California Senior Talent Acquisition Manager and Talent Acquisition Managing Director. The Talent Acquisition Manager will be located in our Silicon Valley office and will be expected to: provide strategic direction to and implement firm, office, and practice area recruitment plans; act as primary hiring contact for lateral associate hires for the California offices; and act as firm-wide Talent Acquisition liaison for multiple business units (major practice groups).
What you do:
- Work with the Senior Manager and Managing Director of Talent Acquisition to implement creative strategies and processes for sourcing and hiring lateral associate candidates
- Work with business units on strategic growth initiatives and development of lateral candidate pipelines
- Collaborate with business unit leaders and directors to effectively onboard and integrate lateral candidates
- Analyze data and trends in key markets to identify potential candidates
- Keep current with industry updates and changes at competitive firms that could result in potential lateral opportunities
- Actively develop and maintain relationships with local and national search firms
- Pitch the firm by articulating the firm’s interests, strategic focus, and growth strategy
- Oversee the firm’s internal due diligence processes for all local lateral hires
- Work closely with the diversity committee and other internal constituents to promote the active recruitment and retention of diverse candidates to the firm
- Maintain the appropriate metrics to report and measure success as it relates to lateral recruitment
- Manage all aspects of the local Talent Acquisition budget
- Manage and develop the local Talent Acquisition team
- Work with the Senior Manager and Managing Director on strategic projects and initiatives to support various office committees and goals;
- Assist as needed with Summer Program and OCI
- Actively participate in the Firm’s community to enhance the collaborative culture.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4-6 years of direct recruiting experience, preferably with a law firm.
- Exceptional organization skills, ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and smoothly.
- Outgoing, client service-oriented personality with a professional demeanor.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with candidates, all levels of firm personnel and a variety of external entities.
- Must possess superior judgment and discretion and be able to protect and maintain highly confidential information.
- Sophisticated and strategic research skills to identify lateral associate candidates;
- Working knowledge of recruiting software, Workday, and applicant tracking systems (ATS), Lawcruit.
- Travel required to other office locations and professional conferences, as requested.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed.