We are seeking an experienced legal talent acquisition professional who will support the recruitment function for our East Coast offices. This is a key role in which the incumbent will be entrusted to act as one of the firm's internal and external brand manager by identifying talent and building a strong employment brand, while creating great relationships with candidates and key stakeholders. The role is primarily focused on the recruitment of attorney positions, including partners, as well as other legal roles and will occasionally assist with business services roles, if necessary.
Working within a global context, this role requires a dedicated and creative approach to develop and implement recruitment strategies for lateral partner hiring, legal and business services teams, and the summer associate program. With a strong commitment to engaging future and current partners and staff, this role will be critical to the Firm's continued success.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
Legal and Support recruitment
Together with the West Coast Talent Acquisition Manager and US Talent Acquisition Coordinator, the role will manage the full end-to-end recruitment processes for our East Coast offices across our legal divisions of Business, Dispute Resolution and Private Client + Tax.
- Recruitment of all attorney and other legal roles with occasional support of paralegal and business services positions.
- Implement a recruitment process that ensures success in identifying and securing the best candidate for each role while conducting the selection process in an efficient and economic manner in accordance with the policies of the firm.
- Receive and scope role requirements from the business and produce detailed job specifications.
- Candidate sourcing from different channels, including internal referrals, preferred recruitment agencies, LinkedIn, careers page, review of previous applications, and other online and market specific platforms.
- Liaise with preferred recruitment agencies and brief them on current requirements.
- Undertake market mapping, review of online profiles, etc.
- Screen applications and shepherd candidates through the interview process, ensuring a positive candidate experience.
- Provide support in the selection of finalist candidate and manage to offer stage. This includes preparing the offer and associated documentation and ensuring all signed documents, background, and reference checks are completed.
- Liaise with the HR team to ensure employee details are provided for HRIS and on-boarding is preparation.
- Coordinate the lateral partner recruitment process which includes obtaining and collating interviewer feedback, and supporting the app and LPQ process.
Summer associate program
- In collaboration with the West Coast Talent Acquisition Manager and US Talent Acquisition Coordinator, manage the US summer recruitment and placement process.
- Liaise with the BD & Marketing team to manage all student marketing initiatives and maintain the recruitment website.
- Manage the firm's regional activities regarding university law fairs and sponsorship opportunities, including, but not limited to, promotional materials, firm's attendees, event programming, etc.
Recruitment projects & administration
- Update requisite weekly and monthly reports in line with recruitment activity; keeping abreast of status of candidates, roles within budget, and reporting on unbudgeted new headcount.
- Participate in Headcount Planning (HCP) meetings and manage the HCP by maintaining reports, highlighting to the Head of US Human Resources and Regional Divisional Leaders (RDLs) where resource budgets will not be met throughout the financial year.
- Improve staff referrals by promoting roles internally and developing alumni connections, where possible.
- Enhance the brand to the wider legal community by being present at firm and legal networking events, and developing connections with key recruitment agencies/consultants to ensure they have a thorough understanding of the firm's business and hiring requirements as the Law firm for Success.
- Manage and maintain the recruitment budget for fee earners and law school recruitment.
- Ensure invoices are correct, signed off for payment, and included in reporting.
- Attend and be involved in global recruitment calls as required.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Qualifications and experience required
- A minimum of two years of law firm recruitment experience at the Manager level.
- Previous attorney recruitment experience, including lateral partner recruitment.
- Experience in conducting technical and competency based interviews for Business Services recruitment and in guiding and supporting hiring managers in interview management and technique.
- Detail oriented with the ability to communicate, both verbally and written, at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to develop solid working relationships with demonstrated interpersonal skills that build confidence, trust, and respect with partners and managers.
- Proven experience as a 'brand ambassador' to the firm, with strong connections to recruitment agencies as well as legal and HR networks.
- Success in coordinating engagement programs and proven active participation in firm activities.
- Able to prioritize effectively and manage conflicting deadlines with the desire to work as part of a team but equally able to work independently.
- Key personal attributes include confidence, creativity, resilience, and flexibility.
- Reporting to the Global Head of Talent Acquisition & Diversity, the incumbent will also have a reporting line in to the Global Chief People Officer. In addition, this role has lines of responsibility to the US Regional Divisional Leaders and is expected to work closely with the US Human Resources team.
- This role will be based in New Haven, Greenwich or New York.
- Business hours are generally Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm. Given the nature and scope of the role, flexibility in availability is required.