As the Manager of Practice Management, supporting the Private Equity Practice, you will be responsible for managing certain processes of the Private Equity Business Unit (“PE BU”) that are critical to Business Unit priorities. The position works under the direction of the Business Unit Practice Management Teams and works closely with partners and administrative team members to ensure timely and effective execution on processes and systems that support the strategic direction of the Business Unit. This role is open to candidates in New York, Boston, Santa Monica, DC, Silicon Valley/SF or Los Angeles.
- Overall Business Unit Operations: Work with the PE Business Unit Practice Managers, PE Business Unit Leaders, and practice management team to manage operational and strategic aspects of the practice, including internal organization, meetings and events, information management, and other initiatives as requested. Identify Business Unit needs and opportunities, and work to advance relevant initiatives.
- Business Intelligence: Produce reporting and analytics to build business intelligence that informs Business Unit leadership on trends related to overall business unit management, including talent management, financial performance, and knowledge management. Collaborate with PE Business Unit Practice Managers, partners, and administrators to identify actionable issues and plans arising out of metrics analysis and execute on related efforts to support and advance BU initiatives.
- Talent Management: Based upon a solid understanding of the talent management goals of the Business Unit, Legal Practice Areas, Offices, and each individual attorney, work with the PE personnel committee and PE ADMs on various talent management initiatives, including BU efforts related to recruitment, diversity, equity & inclusion, and learning & professional development. Understand the broader firm tools, processes, and strategies to ensure proper execution on the BU’s initiatives.
- Team Management: Together with the Business Unit Practice Managers, manage workload and professional development of Specialists and Coordinators who are part of the Practice Management team through coaching, mentoring, delegation, and supervision.
- Additional Duties and Responsibilities: (General) Provide general administrative support to the Business Unit and to the legal practice areas operating within the Business Unit.
Who you are:
- 5+ years as an administrator in a professional services firm (legal, consulting, etc.) with significant practice and/or project management responsibilities (e.g. Attorney Development Manager, Financial Planning + Analysis Manager, Pricing Manager, etc.).
- BA/BS degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to analyze and visualize financial and productivity data and prepare reports to assist management in understanding key metrics and benchmarking performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and tasks including demonstrating delegation and organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate effective creative problem solving and people management skills.
- Ability to develop and forge positive and collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and to respect, protect, and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, and take initiative.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required, experience with Tableau preferred. Ability to learn and utilize additional programs.