The Manager of Strategic Alumni Engagement and Client Relations will focus on enhancing the firm’s alumni relations program. This position will play a formative role in effectively and creatively engaging a vibrant, robust alumni community through various means of outreach. The Manager will partner with the Director of Strategic Alumni Engagement & Client Relations to create a community of alumni that supports the firm’s goals. This individual has a high level of alumni relations expertise and a strong ability to effectively execute on initiatives key to the success of the program. This role is open to candidates in New York, Boston, Santa Monica, DC, Silicon Valley/SF or Los Angeles.
What you'll do:
- With the Director, execute on a plan to create a world class alumni program that is second to none in the legal industry. Support the Director of Strategic Alumni Engagement & Client Relations to enhance the current strategy, work plan, and infrastructure necessary to support the program’s goals.
- Register existing data and develop new data to measure the effectiveness of the alumni program and overarching alumni engagement. Establish measurements of success for alumni events and outreach.
- Track ROI (revenue, deepened client relationships, etc.) related to alumni outreach and engagement.
- Foster strong relationships with alumni members. Conduct discussions with alumni and use intel to identify creative ways to optimize the program. Further engage alumni through a secure alumni portal.
- Organize targeted alumni events (i.e. regional or office specific alumni only events) and networking opportunities. Incorporate alumni into firm seminars and other firm events. Propose ideas to creatively engage alumni through events.
- Collaborate with the client development and marketing team in executing on internal and marketing efforts.
- Drive alumni communications through thought leadership pieces, speaking opportunities, social media outreach, and consistent alumni newsletters. Work cross-departmentally with other departments to put together engaging, cohesive messaging that excites the alumni community.
- Responsible for consistently updating both internal and external alumni webpages.
- Lead the alumni survey process in an effort to gather data on levels of engagement and ways in which to elevate the program. Create presentations that quantify, and identify actionable data from surveys. Identify goals to measure year over year improvement and growth.
- Assist with the onboarding and exit process. Partner with the Director of Career Coaching to navigate the appropriate discussions with the goal of fostering strong relationships with future alumni.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects and Firm alumni and client relations needs.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years of experience with a law firm, law school or professional services organization in an alumni program specialist or manager role with a total of 10 years of work experience.
- Adept knowledge of alumni program management.
- Team-oriented, proactive, creative thinker with excellent leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled communicator with exceptional organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills, and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to positively influence high-level/cross-departmental business decisions, and to work effectively with alumni, partners, attorneys and all other stakeholders to ensure the success of the program.
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment with a willingness to travel as necessary.