KJM Staffing Solutions is currently seeking a Communications Coordinator with 2+ years of legal or professional services PR/Communications experience. All opportunities offer a high base, bonus and excellent growth potential within top ranked global law firms.
- Draft, edit, and review key announcements for posting internally and externally.
- Play a lead role in promoting pro bono work, and support other critical PR initiatives to further build the firm’s visibility.
- Track and coordinate externally facing firm headcount and financial survey submissions, maintaining editorial calendars for designated publications.
- Manage the news section of the firm’s intranet and website.
- Play a lead role in managing important systems and processes pertaining to areas such as proofreading materials, media/client conflicts, invoice payments, and budget tracking.
- Participate in preparing pitches for publications and securing press coverage for the firm.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with appropriate press contacts.
- Coordinate media interviews, which can include preparing partners for those interviews.
- Manage and track PR results and produce reports on these results as needed.
- Coordinate and track reprints, recirculation rights, licensing, and agreements.
- Manage press tabs for our partners on website, including posting relevant news articles and drafting summary of coverage.
- Maintain familiarity with legal industry and trade publications, applying understanding of how stories are presented and in which media.
- Track for media stories on the firm and alert PR team and partners as appropriate on key coverage.
- Manage and maintain media lists.
- Work collaboratively with our external PR agencies and across the firm’s global marketing department.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- BA/BS degree required.
- 2+ years of public relations and communications experience.
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of media relations.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to successfully prioritize multiple demands and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong team player.
- Exceptional writing skills, with an ability to prepare focused and specialized written materials.
- Clear commitment to producing polished work consistently demonstrating attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Openness to learn and grow.
- Aptitude for interacting effectively with people across all parts of the organization.
- Understanding of, and respect for, keeping confidential key information regarding firm business matters.
- Self-starter with a top notch work ethic and a positive, proactive style.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.