KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for Communications Manager with our top ranked global law firm client. This is a direct hire opportunity and offers a high base, excellent benefits and tremendous growth potential.
As a key member of the firm’s Global Public Relations & Communications team, the Manager, Communications (Manager) will take the lead on projects requiring editorial direction and provide broad-based, global communications support. The Manager’s primary responsibilities will include strategic as well as day-to-day management of all client-focused publications and website content, with an emphasis on the proofreading and project management of client publications, reports, white papers, surveys, other thought leadership pieces and advertising. The Manager will write, edit and/or proofread copy to ensure the firm’s tone of voice is consistent across all channels.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders including, partners, associates, knowledge management attorneys and business development to enhance content distributed externally.
- Content Development – write compelling copy for communications as required, including newsletters, speeches, collateral materials, print ads, and video scripts. Contribute and create ideas for the development of individual advertisements.
- Website – edit and proof updates of web and print marketing content, including practice area descriptions, attorney biographies, and related news items. Ensure content on firm websites is consistent and represents our brand effectively (e.g. press releases are published in a timely manner, lead content is featured on the homepage). Advance the firm’s online reputation through supporting the firm’s digital strategy; the SEO of web copy in particular. Coordinate with the digital team to increase the firm’s search rankings and present customized analytics’ reports to attorneys.
- Awards, Legal Directories & Surveys – Manage the awards contact lists, annual calendar, submissions process, interview briefings, and the announcement of wins. This will include drafting the high profile submissions and coordinating with the broader business development and marketing team.
- Client Publications – oversee the client publication process including proofreading all copy including email alerts, articles, reports, white papers, surveys. Ensure content is fully utilized across our communications channels as appropriate by producing, agreeing and coordinating the execution of communication plans.
- Internal Communications - Draft internal communications regarding developments and news about the firm. Provide additional editorial services as needed, including newsletters, speeches, articles and other written communications.
- Market Research – Conduct competitive intelligence research and compile information regarding industry or market trends to aid in creating content that will support new business development opportunities.
- 5 to 10 years’ of writing/editorial and project management experience, preferably gained in a professional services or consulting environment. Experience at a publication as a reporter, editor or proofreader also welcomed.
- 4 year college degree
- A comprehensive understanding of the art of storytelling.
- Social media and electronic media experience a plus.
- Should possess a network of freelance writers and other marketing professionals to potentially assist on firm projects.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to write clearly for a variety of media. Must have experience with, and thorough understanding of writing effectively for web-based audiences (SEO).
- Ability to manage projects in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment and consistently deliver high quality results.
- Exhibit the ability to build effective key relationships, influence decision-makers and have a strong client service orientation.
- Proactive, positive and enthusiastic. Possess strong creativity, resourcefulness, analytical skills and sound judgment. Self-reliant, resilient and persistent.
- Ability to exercise good business judgment and diplomacy in complex situations