The position is responsible for representing the seller during the REO sale process in addition to handling title searches and reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Process REO closings in the capacity of seller’s representative
- Examine raw title searches and create a title report.
- Update title.
- Recognize and resolve title issues.
- Ensure seller has clear title.
- Issue title policies.
- Process new contract and the earnest money deposit.
- Prepare the deed package and facilitate seller execution.
- Obtain final tax and utility charges for HUD/CD preparation.
- Obtain lien payoffs, if applicable, for HUD/CD preparation.
- Prepare the HUD/CD and obtain seller approval.
- Ensure adherence to our clients closing instructions.
- Handle post-closing disbursement details.
- Record deeds, POAs, mortgages and other documents.
- Communicate with clients through internet based portals.
- Communicate with the buyer’s attorney/agent.
- Keep our client informed throughout.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, some college or certification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 year of title and REO experience
- Experience in escrow/settlement or coordinating home sales of behalf of institutional sellers strongly preferred.
- Must have very strong customer service skills
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Possess a sense of urgency and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain positive internal working relationships with office staff.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to communicate with attorneys, staff and clients.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to handle a large volume of cases.
- Must have strong computer skills; Word, Excel and Outlook as well as general understanding of software systems to access and utilize client systems.
- Must be punctual, reliable.