KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for Professional Development Manager. Our client is a top ranked global law firm and this role will be based in the New York (Midtown) office. This role offers a high base, excellent benefits and growth opportunities within a prominent law firm.
The Professional Development Manager will manage our client’s Business Services training initiative for employees at all levels including curriculum recommendations and design, as well as program planning and execution in collaboration with the HR Business Partner team. The successful candidate will be someone with substantive L&D background and with exposure to current best practices. Someone who has significant experience in instructional design and platform training skills. Candidates should be technically savvy and know about LMS’s and how to leverage them. The incumbent will be developing soft skills training for business services employees and lawyers.
- Design and develop course content for lawyer and Business Services populations applying adult learning principles including, but not limited to, measurable learning objectives, scenarios, simulations, and progress checks.
- Cultivate the eLearning library for alumni and clients including seeking out partners and other subject matter experts to deliver programs suitable for alumni and client library, recommending topics to cover, planning programs and working with Marketing Department to ensure that these programs are publicized and made available to clients and alumni.
- In collaboration with Marketing Department, client relationship partners and other members of the Professional Development team, organize client training programs, including programs requested by clients in connection with RFPs.
- Plan and execute alumni CLE programs and various other core skills and substantive training programs for the firm, as needed.
- Work with the Marketing Department to maintain the Career Center, a job board with internal and external positions of interest to lawyers and alumni worldwide.
- Work with members of the GTS training group to (i) update current eLearning library to ensure that the content is user-friendly and useful to the end user, (ii) adapt instructional materials created for face-to-face delivery to eLearning, and (iii) upload and maintain content to the Learning Center.
- Work with colleagues in HR to design a process for recording and reporting on individual professional development plans and progress in Workday.
- Manage all aspects of the Rosetta Stone foreign language program and relationships with Hotshot Legal, LawFirmElearning and other providers as they may change or be supplemented from time to time.
- Recommend and implement ways in which we can maximize subscriptions with PLI, Hotshot Legal, Rosetta Stone, LawFirmElearning and other providers as they may change or be supplemented from time to time.
- Plan, oversee and execute all aspects of Summer Associate University, including substantive trainings, core skills trainings and Deal-o-Rama.
- Manage and maintain the Professional Development intranet page, including writing and preparing content, coordinating with the PD and HR teams in NY and around the world on content, soliciting content and ensuring that the page is up-to-date and informative for lawyer and Business Services populations.
- Directly and indirectly supervise and manage employees and be responsible for their overall direction, coordination and evaluation.
- Assist the Professional Development team and the wider Talent Development team with additional projects, as needed, including orientation and onboarding, the feedback and performance management processes and global conferences.
- Perform such other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- 3+ years of experience managing the learning and development function in a law firm or professional services environment
- 2+ years of experience managing others
- Bachelors’ Degree required
- Advanced knowledge of Windows-based systems
- Proficient in the application of instructional design, curriculum design and adult learning principles
- Familiarity with viDesktop, CE Manager and Workday.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver effective L&D programs to lawyers and business services employees
- Proven ability to develop and use metrics to make the business case for L&D programs, to align strategy with business goals and, to assess and justify L&D programs