KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for an experienced Business Manager (“Manager”) who will serve as a trusted adviser to the practice group leader, providing support to the assigned Practice Group in the following areas: strategic planning; financial management; lateral recruitment and integration; off-boarding; professional development; resource management and, special projects. The Business Manager reports to the Global Business Director and the Practice Group Leader.
Strategic Planning and Practice Management
- Work with practice group leadership to achieve firm and practice group goals and objectives. Use appropriate measures to drive and evaluate results including revenue generation and cross‐practice and ‐office collaboration. Proactively organize and attend regular practice group meetings (including partner lunches, roundtables and individual meetings) to ensure and support regular and effective communication on critical issues and opportunities across the group.
Financial Performance Management
- Financial Reporting: Collaborate with Finance to ensure practice group leaders receive relevant and timely financial reports needed to help manage team performance and identify developing issues and recommendations of corrective action.
- Diaries and Billings & Collections Inventory Matters: Manage and improve the practice group’s performance on diary reporting. Support the Corporate Business Team with billings and collections matters as needed, including working with the Finance team on partner pending accounts and unapplied advances and preparing Group projections and analyses in Q4.
- Lateral Recruiting: Work closely with practice group leader(s) and HR to develop and execute lateral recruiting strategies including identification of potential recruits, preparation of financial analyses for partners and associates, and management of successful integration.
- Professional Development: Work closely with practice group leader(s) and HR to identify and deliver to the training and professional development needs and collaborate with HR to ensure that the appropriate training is provided on a practice group basis.
- Talent Management: Collaborate with HR Business Partner to actively and effectively manage people issues including recruitment, on-boarding, integration, performance feedback, conflict resolution and off-boarding.
Resource Management and Special Projects
- Manage or assist in the management of personnel supporting the practice group to facilitate collaboration. In addition, lead and participate in high‐value, special projects at the request of firm and practice group leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 2 to 4 years’ operational and financial management experience in a Corporate Practice
- Extensive knowledge of business and financial management, and proven record of successfully applying knowledge to resolve real world business issues
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate business processes and implement efficiencies
- Exceptional analytical rigor, business acumen, judgment, client service and resilience
- Experience influencing, negotiating and resolving conflicts in a fast paced high pressure environment
- Ability to effectively lead and manage and motivate people at all levels