KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager with leadership experience. Our client is a top ranked global law firm and this role will be based in the New York office and will drive
the strategy of the Latin America Affinity Group across all practices, countries and industries with a focus on the following practices: Project Development and Finance, M&A, Banking, Capital Markets and Disputes.The Business Development Manager, Latin America will work closely with respective partners to develop and implement the business development and marketing strategies for the Group.
Key objectives are to generate revenues through strategic business development activities; raising market profile of the partners and the practices; and coordinating efforts with international colleagues and other marketing team members on global cross-selling efforts, including support for client teams, industry groups and other firm-wide BD efforts.
- Develop the Group’s business plan and sub-plans for key markets and clients and ensure alignment of the Group’s business plan with the Firm strategy
- Lead relationships with the Group’s local counsel and ensure that strategic relationships with local counsel are managed in a robust way to maximize benefits to the Firm
- Advise on and manage client secondments and reverse secondments to ensure a high rate of return on these investments
- Oversee and conduct client feedback from priority clients of the Group. Work closely with Firm management to identify regular client feedback meetings with the Firm’s top strategic relationships
- Identify new business opportunities and work with the relevant partners and associates to convert these opportunities into new business for the Firm
- Organize and lead regular meetings with the Head of the Latin America Affinity Group to discuss ongoing matters, strategy and outlook of the Group and with other key partners in the group.
- Provide concrete, actionable ideas and robust advice and opinions to the Group regarding business development efforts
- Support and offer strategic guidance on major pitches and proposals for Group key clients
- Strengthen our ties to alumni in the Latin America region and help maintain existing relationships
- Lead client-facing strategic research projects as appropriate
- Work with Group partners and BD colleagues to identify and pursue cross-selling opportunities including industries and practices
- Assist in the development and tracking of marketing plans and marketing budgets, individual partner plans and targeted business development initiatives
- Develop RFP’s, pitches and other presentations, conduct research, create financial analysis and provide other marketing support as requested
- Work with relevant industry area BD professionals to ensure all pitches for both practices are appropriately tailored to the client’s business and preferences
- Draft, update, organize and maintain marketing materials and experience on the external and internal websites and/or various databases as required
- Draft submissions for directory and research guides and identification and tracking awards and PG specific directory submissions
- Identify, plan and execute in-house client events, external speaking engagements, events and conferences
- Work with the firm’s Marketing Communications team to develop and implement external communications and media opportunities including speaking and by-lined article opportunities and thought leadership opportunities
- Coordinate with Marketing & BD team and other administrative departments on cross-selling opportunities and initiatives relevant to the Group.
- Work with Knowledge Management to define and implement industry requirements for market data capture
- Is responsible for the direct management of a junior business development advisor
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Credible understanding of business and legal landscape and how it impacts the firm’s client base
- Demonstrated understanding of Latin American markets and cultures
- Exceptional and creative problem-solving skills; superior analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish alignment between the expectations and strategies of different stakeholder groups
- Superior ability to prioritize and manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Ability to develop and deliver executive-level presentations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team-building, people development, motivational and managerial capabilities
- Confident, flexible and resilient team player
- Manages risk effectively
- Communicates complex ideas effectively
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Prioritizes work effectively
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Adapts style to build relationships across all levels
- Works effectively under the pressure of deadlines with little supervision
- Minimum of 8 years of frontline work experience in industry specific business development and marketing preferably in an international law firm or professional services environment
- Fluent Spanish speaker
- Equivalent of 4 year college degree required
- Law degree and experience practicing law a plus
- Experience with planning and preparing pitches, presentations and other marketing materials required.
- Experience working across variety of office locations, cultures and time zones.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, InterAction; familiarity in working with any desktop publishing software would be a plus.