KJM Staffing Solutions has a great opportunity for a Regional Marketing Coordinator with our highly prestigious AM law firm. This is a great growth opportunity for someone who thrives in a client facing and events heavy role and wants to have a seat at the table with a great team.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree and at least 2-years of business development and marketing experience in the Bay area. Law firm experience is preferred but client side or other professional services experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
The regional marketers (“RMs”) are those on the “front lines” of the Marketing Department and act as the go-to person for all marketing efforts driven by their assigned offices or regions. RMs’ projects are primarily driven by the Office Managing Partner(s) (“OMP”) in their office, and in relation to firm-wide branding campaigns executed locally. In addition, RMs provide support for industry/practice development efforts within their region, in collaboration with Business Development (“BD”).
Office Managing Partner (OMP) relationship and local day-to-day marketing activity:
- Work directly with the OMP in monitoring competitive developments within the region and recommend marketing responses
- Work with OMP and the office administrative team to develop and implement the office strategic plan
- Assist OMP in driving business to the region by executing office initiatives, leveraging broader firm-wide client development, and profile-raising efforts
- Implement firm-wide branding campaigns at the local/regional level as assigned
- Assist the OMP with regional marketing budget matters. This includes consultation on budget development (defining priority programs for funding); monitoring actual expenditures versus budget; evaluating expenses; (re)classifying expenses; maintaining budget files; contacting Accounts Payable with questions or to request investigation; verifying expenses and invoices; and preparing check requests
- Drive internal communications for the office and reporting of marketing/BD successes
- Gather financial information through various financial report links specific to objectives of requests and synthesize that information into usable presentation formats
- Act as local support for firm-wide initiatives, such as Alumni, Diversity & Inclusion/ Women’s Initiative, Pro Bono
- Stay abreast of PR activity & initiatives relating to assigned region and connect lawyers with PR team members as matters/projects arise
- Participate in the new attorney onboarding process
- Oversee external local/regional marketing vendor relationships
- Manage community support and office-supported practice development sponsorships at the local level, including coordinating ads, branding, attendance at events and evaluating ROI
- Work with in-house Graphics Team to prepare appropriate community support advertisements, invitations, and other collateral designs
- Track attorney board memberships, leadership activity & professional affiliations
Collaboration with Business Development (BD) on Practice and Industry- Driven Projects
- Organize & execute marketing & BD training for lawyers locally as needed/requested and educate lawyers and secretaries in assigned region regarding new processes
- Lateral recruitment – assist with local elements of the onboarding plan with appropriate PR/Communications and BD team
- Work with BD to gather information on and assess membership opportunities in regional business and/or trade organizations and boards
- Collaborate with BD on region-specific marketing collateral as needed
- Lead all regional profile-raising & cross-practice events, including community support galas/dinners, office anniversary/milestone events, internal Senior Management/Executive Committee meetings and regional MCLE Days (multiple- practice) according to established best practices, including: site selection, mailing list development and circulation of same, tracking RSVPs, catering management, logistics for guest reception, on-site management, and follow-up with targets, etc.
- In collaboration with practice group events/seminars, assist BD members with on-site logistics and execution. This would include event registration, conference room reservations, and liaising with guest reception and hospitality.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- 2+ years of experience in Legal Marketing or professional services experience.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have high degree of poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to prioritize workload and solve problems quickly.
- Must be able to assist individuals of various levels with needs and problems and react to difficult situations appropriately