KJm Staffing Solutions is currently searching for a Fund Formation Paralegal for our large law firm client. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree and experience with complex fund formation and venture capital transactions. This role offers a high base, bonus and excellent growth potential.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of organizational documents, partnership and limited liability company agreements, side letters, transfer agreements, admission agreements and other amendments
- Conduct investor suitability due diligence
- Research Federal and State securities regulations in connection with fund formations and preparing and filing requisite notices
- Conduct due diligence review of documents and prepare opinions and backup in connection with fund formation
- Handle SEC compliance reporting on behalf of venture fund clients with respect to their public company stock portfolios.
- All other duties as assigned or required
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience with fund formation and venture capital transactions in a comparably sized law firm or public company corporate law department
- Available to work overtime, as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities and track extensive details
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and all levels of personnel and handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating initiative, diplomacy and tact when under pressure
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, advanced knowledge of Excel preferred